Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I'm Not Sure How I Feel About This...

Hadley recently decided that her life would not be complete unless she made the middle school's dance twirl team for the upcoming school year. Keep in mind that tryouts are only two months from now. Yeah, that's what I said. So, I signed her up for lessons with a local studio. You are probably wondering why I don't teach her myself. It's completely impossible for me to work with my own child when it comes to twirling. I simply cannot do it. I think I spent too much time teaching when I was younger and am just burnt out on it.

Hadley is thrilled with it though and was beyond excited to be in the local Christmas parade. Here she is after the parade at the designated pickup spot.

Posted by Picasa

Yes, I say that I'm not sure how I feel about this for a variety of reasons. I have seen twirling at its absolute best, and I have experienced the absolute worst of the behind the scenes. For the majority of my life as a parent, I have been adamant that I didn't want either of the girls to take up the thing that consumed so much of my life because it WAS time consuming, expensive, and honestly, it can be really, really unhealthy for a young girl. I am hoping that if she decides to stick with this, I will be able to guide her through the experience without having her succumb to some of the pressures and habits that I wasn't lucky enough to avoid.

She did look really cute in the parade though. This is the first time I have seen her wear pink in ages. She seems to be over the pink thing and is now obsessed with blues, blacks, boots, Toms, jeans, and computers.